Hello! Long time, no speak. How are you all doing?
I have to admit, it’s been a while, and this blog has sadly been put on the *cyber shelf* and got a little neglected and a little dusty. I decided a few months back that I should start a-fresh, blow the dust from the screen and put fingers to keyboard, and now here I am.
To cut a long story short, since I’ve graduated, I just wanted a break from being on my laptop… or should I say try and stop the impulse clicking on the New In section on the Topshop website… (habits don’t die hard) and also the fact that my laptop officially broke a year back and I confess, I’ve only just got it fixed.
Although this is no excuse for shelfing the blog, it’s been a pretty busy two years and as 2019 is coming up, I thought I’d reflect my two years with you. Kind of like a catch-up for what has been missed on the blog I guess and to share with you my New Years resolutions which has actually inspired me to kick start this blog back in action.
So let’s start with an update…
New career –
As already mentioned I have come out of uni, and you may already be well aware of this by viewing a previous blog post on my blog titled ‘Post Graduate Depression‘ where I talk mental health and the struggles I have personally faced. For those of you who may not have read this, the title pretty much tells you the story.
Education has been there majority part of my life, and for it to end so abruptly has been a lot to handle and finding your feet in a career that you have always wanted isn’t a piece of cake. If you’d like to read my blog post on Post Graduate Depression click here.
I can announce the tables have started to slowly turn and career-wise I finally got into the sector of my dreams, Marketing.
One step at a time, I’m starting to feel more in control of my life. Still a long way to go but finally I feel I’m getting somewhere!
This is a biggie for me. One of the reasons for me to press hold on this blog has been the fact that I didn’t feel in the right space of mind. I will write a post on my councilling experience in the near future. So watch this space.
What I’ve learnt from these two years…
- To be more confident – Stop caring what other people think and just be you.
- Think more in a positive light – Let go, surround yourself with the people who matter and put in the same amount as effort.
- People do change – Friends change and sometimes the flame does burn out. This may seem a simple and obvious lesson to you, but what I have learnt mainly from this is you can put all the effort into a friendship but it has to work BOTH ways. Sometimes you can’t force that relationship to work.
- P.S I’ve learnt that midi skirts and leopard print are my new fav thang… where u been all my life?
New Years Resolutions…
- Be healthy and mindful – This year I would like to eat more healthy and be more mindful on my lifestyle and change for the better. To encourage this, I will be posting some health/lifestyle entries on the blog about my journey.
- Save – I’d like to have my own house by the end of the year.
- Read more – This resolution was previously mentioned in an older blog post to do with New Years Resolutions… 365 Days, 365 New Chances to view click here I can say I have kind of achieved this but it’s a continual resolution I want to make sure I stick to.
- And lastly, post more to my blog and bring you along on my life and journey.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and I am looking forward to sharing more with you in the next upcoming weeks.